Bookmark and Share
The Bomb DVD
$24.99
$19.99
Rickover: The Birth of Nuclear Power DVD
$24.99
$19.99
NOVA: Nuclear Meltdown Disaster DVD
$24.99
$19.99
Secrets of the Dead: World's Biggest Bomb DVD
$24.99
$19.99
Uranium - Twisting the Dragon's Tail DVD
List Price: $24.99
Our Price: $19.99

Flash Sale! 20% off everything + Free Shipping Details >
Item No.: URAT601
Single DVD

2015 marks the 70th anniversary of the most profound change in the history of human enterprise; the unleashing of the elemental force within Uranium. Join host Dr. Derek Muller on a global adventure to reveal the cultural, scientific, and natural history of the most wondrous and terrifying rock on Earth. This is the extraordinary, untold story of Uranium.
More >
 
QUANTITY:   
AVAILABILITY: In Stock, leaves warehouse in 1 - 2 full bus. days Details >
 

REVIEW SNAPSHOT®

by PowerReviews
PBSUranium - Twisting the Dragon's Tail DVD
 
4.9

(based on 22 reviews)

Ratings Distribution

  • 5 Stars

     

    (20)

  • 4 Stars

     

    (2)

  • 3 Stars

     

    (0)

  • 2 Stars

     

    (0)

  • 1 Stars

     

    (0)

Reviewed by 22 customers

Displaying reviews 1-5

Back to top

Previous | Next »

(4 of 5 customers found this review helpful)

 
5.0

Fascinating Program

By REP Eval

from Cary, NC

Verified Reviewer

Comments about PBS Uranium - Twisting the Dragon's Tail DVD:

The creator/narrator follows the story of how uranium went from being a side show curiosity to medical marvel to potential destroyer of the world. He looks at the history of nuclear power and asks the "what if..." questions. I'll watch this again and again.

(9 of 9 customers found this review helpful)

 
5.0

Extremely well put together for scientific dummies

By No scientific scholar

from Greensboro nc

Comments about PBS Uranium - Twisting the Dragon's Tail DVD:

I am captivated by this DVD's informational beauty of Uranium. Dr, Derek Mueller made the very complexity of uranium clearly understood by a novice to say the less, and captured my interest at once. My science teacher could never incited my delight to know more about Uranium. The history, the 18 phases or states of uranium. Its molecular consistency and unstable characteristics. All information was mind-blowing.
Thank you Dr. Mueller for whetting my interest in an area I know nothing about but was thrilled by your presentation of a very far reaching subject to my mind.I am purchasing this DVD for the contents and ease of understanding the scientific wonders of uranium.

(6 of 9 customers found this review helpful)

 
5.0

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By MariaDel

from Baltimore, MD

Comments about PBS Uranium - Twisting the Dragon's Tail DVD:

Great intro documentary for my students learning about radioactivity!!! Love this film!!!

(8 of 10 customers found this review helpful)

 
5.0

Why no mention of the SODIUM REACTOR EXPERIMENT

By Child Scientist

from Newton, MA

Verified Reviewer

Comments about PBS Uranium - Twisting the Dragon's Tail DVD:

I thought this was extremely well written and produced. Part 2 discussed the nuclear waste problem, today's reactors use 5% of fuel leaving 95% dangerous waste.

So there was talk of a new, intrinsically save fluoride reactor near 100% efficient. That REMINDED ME this documentary was so complete, but never mentioned the Santa Susana SODIUM REACTOR EXPERIMENT. The meltdown in 1959, just 30 miles north of LA, was classified for 20 years.

Why?

(8 of 9 customers found this review helpful)

 
5.0

Incredible

By Mick

from North Idaho

Verified Reviewer

Comments about PBS Uranium - Twisting the Dragon's Tail DVD:

One of the best shows I've ever seen.This inspired me to purchase my first PBS DVD

Displaying reviews 1-5

Back to top

Previous | Next »